And the morning disintegrates.

The morning started off well enough. Fynn woke up bright and early at 7 A.M. We cuddled in bed watching Sesame Street until about 7:45 A.M. Got out of bed and had breakfast, and then played until 9:00 A.M. At which point Fynn grabbed a blanket and a stuffed animal and tried to climb on my lap. Apparently, he was tired…or so I thought. I grabbed a Nuk and popped it in his mouth and we settled on the couch to cuddle (because Fynn still gets rocked to sleep…I know, I know, he should be falling to sleep on his own…I’m following the path of least resistance). That is when the angry cries started. We cuddled for about 20 minutes when it became clear that he was struggling more than settling. I let him play a bit on the floor. At which point he started rubbing his eyes and his entire face into the carpet. Obviously a tired baby. So then I picked him up and thought, “Maybe he’s hot and just wants to fall asleep on his own.” So I put him in his crib and figured I’d quick hop in the shower while he’s settling down. He didn’t cry…more like just yelled as he played in his crib for the 15 minutes I was in the shower. When I got out I thought, “Maybe he wants a little snack.” So he ate about 10 puffs and one by one threw the rest on the floor. Then he drank a few sips of milk and yelled “DA DUN” – traslation – “all done”. So I put him on the floor to play a little and he again was rubbing his eyes and complaining loudly. So I picked him up, popped a Nuk in his mouth and we cuddled on the couch…until he started screaming and screaming and screaming and rubbing his eyes and pulling his hair. He finally fell asleep screaming at about 10:50 AM.

I think he’s teething. I’m going to go to my corner and cry now.

That is all.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to And the morning disintegrates.

  1. Olya says:

    Eeek! So sorry you had a rough morning! Sometimes the little buggers just don’t want to go down. Damien used to try to pull out his eyelashes. He would also pinch himself, just to stay awake. See, you have brought back the memories I have thought I successfully suppressed 😉

  2. Shannon says:

    I’ve heard those one year molars can be bad. As I recall, Beth had a few slightly rough nights, but nothing as bad as you described. Alex didn’t react at all to any of his teeth coming in. Reading things like that makes me very grateful for that. At least if it’s teething you can try to sooth his gums with cold things and Anbesol (if you believe in that) and even some Tylenol might help.

    If he stays like this, hand him off to Nate when he gets home and run away for some quiet time!

  3. erin says:

    The afternoon was better. He slept from 10:50 until about 12:40. He didn’t take an afternoon nap, but we went to the zoo for a couple hours and the library. I figured a change of scenery would do us good. He fell asleep easily at 7:30 after bottle, Tylenol and Orajel. Now sleeping soundly in his crib. Thank goodness.

  4. Shannon says:

    Glad things got better. Hope today is better than yesterday.

Comments are closed.